Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013 In Review


Milestones
It is Christmas Eve day in the year 2013.  I sit here alone because everyone is working and I find myself enjoying the quiet.  I take a lot of pictures during the year and I am thinking that it would be nice to have a record to remember what happened this year.  So why not post some of the highlights to my blog?  It is for me after all.  It's a history of happenings here in NEWA.

Friends come to call
Once again, we've had a wonderful year with the wildlife coming by, friends visiting and acquiring more property to explore and just enjoying the fact that we are so blessed in this life.

Our year hasn't been without disappointments.  Family is ill and family has moved away.  Our prayers include wanting so much to lessen pain for some and to wish much success to others.  We are here such a short time and every moment is a blessing to hold dear and keep close.

Thank you for reading my blog.  I am writing less and showing pictures more, but I am sure that will change as moments of time change for me and my family.



Bridges to New Places
Friends say goodbye
Wildlife
For those of you who are following the progress of our wonderful timber frame home, aside from several outbuildings, the momentum on the house has been slow.  It's not that we aren't busy because that is exactly  what we have been.  I am still waiting for my bathtub and when it is complete it is going to be awesome!  I can't wait to fill it up and take a good soak. We don't always get to have everything the moment that we want it, but isn't enjoying "getting there" a big part of the fun?  Sometimes finances holds us back and sometimes things just come up and take priority.

I am so lucky to be able to live here that I really cannot complain about what isn't finished.  We are very comfortable here.  These 12" walls keep us toasty warm.  We don't use near the firewood that most of our neighbors do.  It was well worth the super insulation we opted to install.

We do have all the materials to get the bathroom upstairs complete, including tile.  We have our upstairs flooring sitting in the garage waiting for time to put it down.  There are projects to do and they will get done. All in good time.  We are definitely comfortable.

So enjoy these pictures.  Some of the wildlife pictures were provided by our neighbors who also love 'hunting' with game cameras.  They are generous to share them with us.  We are also blessed to have them in our lives.  They are wonderful people who have become great friends.

The view from above
On this Christmas Eve day, take time to enjoy what is important in your life.  Whether it is the quiet moment, family, friends, or just the blessing of being alive and healthy, take a moment to thank your Creator for all you have.  Remember that there is always something to be grateful about.  You may want to say a prayer for someone who is suffering pain or loss.

Removing the Past
I am grateful that I am here in NEWA, that I was present when these photos were taken and that I have met and live with some pretty wonderful people. Christmas blessings, I have.  Nothing more is needed.

Thank you for taking the time to spend a little of your day with me in NEWA.  May God bless you all.


Gifts of Family and Friends

Chasing the Big Elk



First Bear Hunt

Building New Bonds

Tribute to the Big Guy
Best Buddies!


Best buddies sharing pictures!
Don't name them Crab Claw!



No comments:

Post a Comment